Magento 2 Merchant Beta
magento2 | July 27, 2015
These are a few notes I took at the Magento 2 merchant beta release webinar on 16 jul 2015.
If you want to watch the full webinar, go to gotowebinar page, enter your data and view the recording.
- Magento 2 merchant GA release is expected november 2015
- It has a good looking backend and frontend
- It's responsive, touch friendly, flat design
- CMS blocks and pages can be managed from the API
- Tagmanager is only available in Enterprise Edition
- Product import can run at 100000 records in 25 min (with 8 CPU / 24GB RAM)
- Since this beta release, all merged PR's will be pushed to Github immediately
- Magento 2 has support for Varnish 4 and is compatible with HHVM
- Faster, simpler checkout. Less steps
- Frontend improvements include image compression on all images
- There is a separation of subsystems, they can run with their own DB (shards)
- There is a new Magento connect (marketplace)
- Magento performance toolkit has info for devs and merchants
- There is a data migration tool for 1.x -> 2.0
- Developer training is now $289 instead of $689 after GA
- Lots of nice things are still coming before GA release
- A lot of nice features have an EE-only flag
If you want to try the system for yourself, feel free to use my Vagrant box.